Hi!!

On 21 Jul 2005 at 10:45, Keith Mitchell wrote:
> *bump* never got an answer on this one...

        I remember thinking about replying, but I didn't! Lets go...

        BTW, if you're using filesystem as article storage, they can be located
at:

$OTRSHOME/var/article/[year]/[month]/[day]/[dont know]/file

> I notice that OTRS prepends the first line of the attachment with the
> MIME type and filename.  Is there an easy way to change this behavior
> so I can manipulate the files via the filesystem without having to
> tail them?

        If you're using Linux/unix, a good solution could be to create an alias:

alias otrscat='sed 1d $1'

        Then, using otrscat against any OTRS article file will remove the first
line
and display the file in your terminal. With:

otrscat otrsfile.ext > otrsfile.stripped.ext

        Or simply use "sed 1d otrsfile.ext > otrsfile.stripped.ext" ;-)

        You can redirect the output and have a new file on your disk identical
the one attached to the original mail. It's also possible to make a script to
copy the
article tree to a different directory (OTRS needs the files as it stores them),
and
then removes the first line of the all the files in the directory tree... Do it
every night
and you'll have all your attachments available ;)

        Regards,

---
Victor R. Rodriguez
Departamento de Sistemas