Hi!

> I'd like to have OTRS server up directly by my web server.  For
> instance, I'd like to go to
>
> http://otrs.mydomain.com
>
> and have the login right there.  However my machinations with apache2
> virtual host definitions have just not accomplished what I am trying
> to do.

        This is what I'm using. All this is included from a file in
"sites-available"
directory, and allows me to access OTRS customer interface from
http://soporte.valmesa.net. As it uses a regexp I can only redirect that
subdomain to
one interface, so to get access to the agent interface I need to use a direct
URL
(http://soporte.valmesa.net/otrs/index.pl).

> If anyone has an example virtual host def for apache 2 would you be
> willing to share it?

[Begin config]
Perlrequire /usr/share/otrs/otrs-startup.pl

# Apache::Reload - Reload Perl Modules when Changed on Disk
#PerlModule Apache::Reload
#PerlInitHandler Apache::Reload

#Alias /htmlArea/ /usr/share/otrs/var/httpd/htdocs/htmlArea/

NameVirtualHost soporte.valmesa.net
<VirtualHost soporte.valmesa.net>
    Alias /otrs-web/ "/usr/share/otrs/var/httpd/htdocs/"
    ScriptAlias /otrs/ "/usr/share/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/"

    DocumentRoot /usr/share/otrs/var/httpd/htdocs/
    ServerSignature On

    <Location /otrs/>
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
        PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
        PerlSetupEnv On
        Options +ExecCGI
    </Location>

    <Directory />
        Options FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
    </Directory>

    <Directory /usr/share/otrs/var/httpd/htdocs/>
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
        RedirectMatch ^/$ http://soporte.valmesa.net/otrs/Customer.pl
        RedirectMatch ^/agentes$ http://soporte.valmesa.net/otrs/index.pl
        RedirectMatch ^/agentes/$ http://soporte.valmesa.net/otrs/index.pl
    </Directory>

    # Valores posibles: debug, info, notice, warn, error, crit, alert, emerg
    LogLevel warn
    ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/otrs-err.log
    CustomLog /var/log/apache2/otrs-acc.log combined
</VirtualHost>
[End config]

> System info is as follow...
>
> SuSE 9.3
> Apache 2
> OTRS 2.0.1

        This is for v1.3.2 and it uses mod_perl2... I'm installing v2.0.1 in a
test
environment right now ;) I plan to use two different subdomains for each
interface, so a
similar config would be needed for each one.

>   Thanks,

        Bye!

>      Zeke
>
> --
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   James "Zeke" Dehnert
> Phone: 707 283 5042             Fax: 707 283 5001
>              -= Eschew Obfuscation =-
> "Life is racing, everything else is just waiting"
> Python Cool > http://www.style.org/unladenswallow

---
Victor R. Rodriguez
Departamento de Sistemas