On Wednesday, 17 Aug 2005 8:56 pm, Danie wrote:

> - apache2.conf didn't have an entry for the cgi stuff , added otrs cgi
> locations as in Manual install txt

I think you have to add them in a  distinct file, say otrs.conf,
in /etc/apache2/conf.d. That is the current way to "drop in" app specific
apache configuration without the need to edit the main apache file.

> Now I have another little problem , seems the icons for the various tabs
> (Admin Area etc) is not showing , as I am not a apache guru , what do I
> need to inlcude/send for a better description? not sure where otrs loads
> the gif/jpeg/icon files from?

Remember, there are two aliases to add - one for cgi and one for the images.
The cgi alias might be named anything that you want, but the images aliases
name cannot be changed (unless you modify the templates).

> Also , in the same breath , i see you have support for procmail ,
> fetchmail , how about postfix? My reason for asking of course is we have
> an existing email gateway and I want to pipe the emails sent to otrs
> through that , any ideas/tips/hints/rants welcome.

Support for fetchmail/pop3 is for *receiving* mail.

For *sending* mail, any sendmail compatible MTA, like postfix, will work out
of the box.

I have a single pop3 box aand have multiple email aliases pointing to this
pop3 box. Edit /etc/aliases (or /etc/postfix/aliases) for this setup.

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya  *    Puroga Technologies   *     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Work: http://www.puroga.com  *   Home/Blog: http://www.sandipb.net/blog

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3