> > I wholeheartedly agree. Something that would have some robust
> > searching capability would be nice, especially if it is easy to use.
> > Why not use the FAQ module within OTRS? Would it suit the needs of the
> > community?
>
> There is a FAQ up at http://faq.otrs.org/ which I think is using the OTRS
> engine,
> but it's not open for submissions from the wild.
>
> I'd be happy to host a support/FAQ wiki. I don't see the value in a web
> discussion
> forum -- that need is met by these mailing lists.

I undoubtly think a forum is much better than a mailing-list. First, the
threads are kept organized no matter what. Second, the search capabilities are
much better. Third, the threshold for joining a forum is much lower that
joining a mailing-list. In my opinion, forums supersedes mailing-lists.

I'd be happy to host an OTRS forum, but as others have said before; this forum
must be official. If the OTRS team agrees, we could just add forum.otrs.org as
a DNS entry pointing to whatever server the forum is hosted on. I serve a
couple of forums today on our linux servers, and have long experience with
several types of forum software.

Kind regards,
Thomas Vådahl