Hi

You could realize it by set up the entire system under helpdesk.example.org. Under the other virtual systems you could just set up some redirects. So everything runs under helpdesk.example.org but can be reached by using also admin.example.org or faq.example.org.

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName helpdesk.example.org
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName admin.example.org
Redirect permanent / http://helpdesk.example.org/otrs/index.pl
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName faq.example.org
Redirect permanent / http://helpdesk.example.org/otrs/faq.pl
</VirtualHost>

But I'm using more often redirect statements under the same system or better under the regular webserver:

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName www.example.org
Redirect permanent /go/admin    http://helpdesk.example.org/otrs/index.pl
Redirect permanent /go/helpdesk http://helpdesk.example.org/otrs/customer.pl
Redirect permanent /go/faq      http://helpdesk.example.org/otrs/faq.pl
</VirtualHost>

So you can reach your support sites by using www.example.org/go/helpdesk, www.example.org/go/admin or www.example.org/go/faq. Even if www.example.org and helpdesk.example.org are different systems. I think both variants are memorable for the users but the second variant only uses one virtual host.

Best regards
Roberto

Stefansen Espen wrote:

Hi

I'm trying to get otrs to work with virtual hosting on Linux. But so far i've
been unsuccesful. Here's an example of what i want:
- helpdesk.example.org -> customer.pl
- admin.example.org -> index.pl
- faq.example.org -> faq.pl

Have anyone tried this and made it work? I've tried various things in my
httpd.conf, but none seem to work. I'll be happy with any help.

Regards
Espen Stefansen
Institute of Marine Research

.