Hi Everyone,

First, congratulations to the OTRS team for producing such a fine software package. It is very impressive and well designed.

Second, I'm new to OTRS so please forgive me if this has been asked before. I searched the mail archives and google and RTFM but I'm unable to find an answer.

My question is: Is there a way (or what is the best way) to auto populate some fields (with dynamic variables) when creating a new email or phone ticket?

Example. I'm creating a new phone ticket and I already know what the values for freetext1 and freetext2 as well as the From and To fields. Basically I have all the information except the actual "PhoneNewNote" field, which I'll type in by hand.

I've tried various cgi combinations such as http://www.someplace.com/otrs/index.pl?Action=AgentTicketPhone&Freetext1=some_value&Freetext2=some_value but I am unable to get the fields to populate.

I've looked at AgentTicketPhone.pm to see if it is trying to read anything from URL, but I do not see anything.

My goal is to ensure that OTRS tickets are synchronized with our shopping cart software by auto-populating the order_number and customer_number in the freetext fields rather than typing them by hand. I'd also like to pre-assign a queue and other information depending on the source of the ticket.

So, again, is there a way to do this? Or am I wasting my time?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Marty Tennison