While fascinated by the responses that point out the elegant simplicity of maintaining a mailing list over some sort of "board", I have to second Steven's suggestion here that for certain types of info, a forum(or something similar) seems like it would work better than the mailing list and archives. E.g., if I wanted to understand the history around the current Stats reporter and how to extend it to create more helpful reports, downloading the archive and searching through them seems downright painful. I'm guessing that such a crucial topic would have been a well maintained thread in any forum and thus much easier to parse over the years.

I could be wrong.

BTW, treocentral.com has pretty nice boards(as an example of forum software I find helpful). I understand most responses here would be, "great knock yourself out and let us know". Well, it might be a while, and I'm still not sold on OTRS extensibility, but if I continue to use this software in my work with multiple clients, I'll put some resources where my mouth is...

;-)

--
jt

Steven wrote:

The one benefit to a forum, or preferably a Wiki, is a place to store common config changes, best practices, etc.
But a Wiki could reduce the repetitive questions.