Hi Luca,

the state after a follow up is set by
$Self->{'PostmasterFollowUpState'}.
There can be set any possible state (not state-type) available in you OTRS-installation.

I wonder why you don't want the state be change by a follow-up.
* the prior state can be viewed within the ticket history
* how can you detect a follow-up or rather a re-opened ticket without having the state changed.

In my situation, I wanted to distinguish between a follow-up of an non-closed ticket and a reopening of a closed ticket.
So I had to extend the source code for this feature.

If you're interested, I could post it.

Bye, Alex

Luca Corti schrieb:
Hello,
I woder which are the valid values for the PostmasterFollowUpState
configuration parameter. By default it is set to 'open', which causes
closed tickets to be reopened upon followup.

I'd like to avoid state changes on followup by the customer. Is there a
value which leaves the ticket state untouched?

thanks