Hi,

in the admin area and there the settings of each queue you will find an escalation time an directly above a hmmm free time(? got a german installation and dont know what it is in english)

after the "Freetime" the ticket will be unlocked but remain in the queue it is in.
to move it to another  queue you need a generic agent i think. Or  you just leave it where it is. if Helpdesk has got this queue in its preferred queues it will see the ticket anyway.
after the "escalation time" the ticket will be escalated but still stay in the same queue. But you may be notified of this anyway by same mechanism as before.
there have been solutions on this list for a notification via pager.

Li