Alexander Scholler wrote:
Hi Patrick,

Patrick McEvoy schrieb:
Hi folks,

I have got a clean copy of OTRS running all fine using mysql. I want to connect to a MSSQL db to get customer details. I've seen the other post on here about it and have done the same things. However it's throwing an error....

ERROR: OTRS-CGI-10 Perl: 5.8.8 OS: freebsd Time: Wed Mar 29 22:58:36 2006

Message: Unknown database type! Set option Database::Type in Kernel/Config.pm to (mysql|postgresql|maxdb|oracle|db2|mssql).

I wonder about this logging. What does this mean? How can a mssql-connection be established within OTRS?

I got ODBC working fine. I have used db2 type and that *seems* to work. ms sql didn't like LIMIT used by mysql db type.
I though that it is fairly difficult to connect from linux to MS-SQL.
Do you use a direct DBD-MSSQL-connection or ODBC-connection?
As above
I use DBD::Sybase to realize a direct connect between linux-perl and MS-SQL (without ODBC).
That works fine - see http://freetds.org/ for details.

Bye, Alex
Next problem...

ODBC just plain refuses to work with mod_perl. Get this in the logs.

[notice] child pid 79347 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

... Everything works in cgi mode, and OTRS aside from ODBC works with mod_perl. Annoying and strange!

I'm using freebsd, used the ports to install everything. Any thoughts?

--
Kind regards

C D Patrick McEvoy

ViaVillas Limited
Managing Director

email [EMAIL PROTECTED]
mobile 07905775504

--

ViaVillas Limited
Elmfield, 229 Bury Road, Rossendale, BB4 6DJ

Company Number : 4641179 - VAT Number : GB 815 6385 17