Hi Nils!

Thanks for trying to help me out, im sure just deleting the /opt/otrs folder will not solve my problem,how do i make the system believe that otrs-2.0.x.xxxx is not already installd when i try to upgrade my plesk?

thanks.

-david ang

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet) wrote:
David Ang wrote:

i am trying to upgrade my plesk on my server and get this error in the end:

Check for components installation status
Reading system installed packages...done.
Download file plesk-8.0.0-fc2-i386.hdr.gz: 48%..100% done
Download file plesk-8.0.0-fc2-i386.hdr.gz: 26%..100% done
Resolve components
ERROR: Impossible do installation while package otrs-2.0.4-01.i386 is installed in system

I believe this is because otrs depends on sendmail and Plesk 8's qmail package not providing sendmail (while their qmail package on Plesk 7.5 did provide sendmail). I forced an installation of OTRS on a Plesk 8 machine (rpm -Uvh --force otrs*.rpm) and it works just fine as Plesk's qmail package does provide the necessary sendmail links and all. You might want to help make it clear to the Plesk developers they need to add 'provides sendmail' to their qmail package again.

Nils Breunese.