1.

In order to send mail with the correct from: header, you must tell
sendmail to use <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> rather than <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

So basically your .mc file should contain an entry like this...

MASQUERADE_AS(`example.net')dnl

You must then generate a new Sendmail.cf file, and restart sendmail.

/////////////////////////////////

Other important things to mention

2.

Unix/Linux will add whatever user to the front of that e.g.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] : )

This will properly send mail to the correct domain so your external mail
server will allow authentication.

One other thing you may need to do is this

I believe it is the defaults.pm config file and change the "FQDN" info
to match what you want your notification master to be. If you do not
change this your notifications will be from [EMAIL PROTECTED] the ip of
the otrs machine! Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Michael W. Belz
Systems Administrator, Sky River Management
(702) 336-9418
AIM: SimbaSRM