Hi there,

there was, some time ago, a similar error which should be fixed by a
Config.pm setting

<quote>
Gerben Meijer wrote:
> Before I go report this as a bug, does anyone else experience problems
> when
> using the euro sign in a reply?
>
> I'm getting:
>
> Software error:
>
> Wide character in syswrite at /usr/share/perl/5.8/Net/Cmd.pm line 430.
>
> This shows up in the error_log too:
> [Thu Sep 23 15:42:19 2004] index.pl: Wide character in syswrite at
> /usr/share/perl/5.8/Net/Cmd.pm line 430.

I'm not sure, but I think this is becasue syslog can't log in utf-8.

So OTRS 1.3 comes with an extra option:

[Kernel/Config.pm]
     # param for LogModule Kernel::System::Log::SysLog
     # (if syslog can't work with utf-8, force the log
     # charset with this option, on other chars will be
     # replaces with ?)
      $Self->{'LogModule::SysLog::Charset'} = 'iso-8859-15';
[...]

Then it should work.

Martin Edenhofer
</quote>

Well, setting this to utf-8 still gives the following error:

  Wide character in syswrite at /usr/share/perl/5.8/Net/Cmd.pm line 436.

OK, we don't use the syslog but LogModule->File. Is there any suggestion
besides NOT using chinese in the subject?

Please note, the error occurs only with Chinese in the subject, the body
itself can contain whatever characters we like (e.g. japanese too)...

CU,
Daniel
--
|           Daniel Ciaglia          |        "Count the Moon."       |