Brian Ronk wrote:

After a while away, I finally got back to working on getting OTRS up and running. Which I do, for the most part. But, I am getting an error right now for 2 things: SysConfig, and Package Manager when I click on them in the Admin area. I have it running on Ubuntu 6.06 beta 2, using the precompiled package for Ubuntu. At first I had a permissions error when I clicked on either, but I got that worked out. Here is the error now:

Software error:

Can't locate object method "new" via package "XML::Parser::Lite" at ../..//Kernel/System/XML.pm line 781.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

I'm sure I'm just missing something, but I'm not sure what right now. I might need to get a list of directories to show you where things are. It seems like they are all over the place, so that could be part of the problem.

Please search the list archive first. This question has been asked a number of times now. The error means you don't have the XML::Parser::Lite Perl module installed. Install it using your package manager of get it from CPAN.

Nils.