From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Joe Fusco
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 12:42 PM
To: otrs@otrs.org
Subject: [otrs] Go directly to OTRS - Apache help needed

Still trying to get everything set up on Fedora Core 5.  If I go to
http://10.x.y.z/otrs/index.pl, OTRS comes up fine.  I know I can set my
DNS record for helpdesk.doman.com to
http://255.255.255.255/otrs/index.pl but I'm trying to set it so that
when I go to http://10.x.y.z or http://server.domain.com Apache brings
up OTRS by default.  I tried editing the /etc/httpd/httpd.conf file and
setting the following:

DocumentRoot "/opt/otrs/var/httpd/htdocs/" and <Directory
"/opt/otrs/var/httpd/htdocs/">

I have also tried

DocumentRoot "/opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/" and <Directory
"/opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/">

With either option, I get a text file spit at me.  Am I setting the
wrong options or am I setting the options wrong?

Thanks
======================

Joe Fusco
Network Manager
Ocean Dental Corporate Headquarters
206 W. 6th
Stillwater, OK 74074

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Customer Service:  The state of voluntary subjection to a customer, the
condition of being bound to service.

IMPORTANT - This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain
under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that we do not consent to any reading, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail message. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail, delete this e-mail, delete the transmitted information
and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by
a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be
illegal. Violators may be prosecuted.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
late, incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not
message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.

Support orr consulting for your OTRS system?
=http://www.otrs.com/

This email may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or
attorney work product for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review,
reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is
sender and delete all copies.