I have an IMAP mailbox that I'm trying to pull mail from.  I was
originally using a Windows host but switched to Linux (Fedora Core 5)
when I discovered that OTRS under Windows cannot retrieve mail from an
IMAP mailbox.

I have the system set up and sending mail just fine.  I edited the
example IMAP fetch line in .fetchmailrc to:

poll [mailserver] protocol IMAP port 993 plugin "openssl s_client
-connect %h:%p" user helpdesk pass [pwd] is helpdesk here

(the elements in [] were removed for security)  I have helpdesk set up
as a user in OTRS.

When I try to run fetchmail -a, as it says in the OTRS documentation, I
receive the following:

gethostbyname failed for static-host
Name or service not knownCannot find my own host in hosts database to
qualify it!
Trying to continue with unqualified hostname.
DO NOT report broken Received: headers, HELO/EHLO lines or similar
problems!
DO repair your /etc/hosts, DNS, NIS or LDAP instead.
fetchmail: no mailservers have been specified.

The documentation says "a working SMTP configuration on the OTRS machine
is required."  Could that be my problem?  How do I tell if I have a
working SMTP configuration or not?  If that's not my problem, does
anyone have any suggestions?

Also, would it be better to pull mail from my hosted Exchange server or
set up the OTRS host as a mail server as well and just grab mail
directly?

Any help/advice is appreciated.
======================

Joe Fusco
Network Manager
Ocean Dental Corporate Headquarters
206 W. 6th
Stillwater, OK 74074
Ph:  405.707.0600
Fax: 405.707.7129
Cell: 405.612.8040

PLEASE NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Customer Service:  The state of voluntary subjection to a customer, the
condition of being bound to service.

IMPORTANT - This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain
under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that we do not consent to any reading, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail message. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail, delete this e-mail, delete the transmitted information
and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by
a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be
illegal. Violators may be prosecuted.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
late, incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not
message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.