Hi Jared ,

I actually did a migration from one server to another just this morning , and it was amazingly simple :)

In Windows , stop your mysql database (so no writing possible to it) , then simply copy the *.MYI files from your win32 system to your Suse system ( thinks it's in /var/lib/mysql/otrs , just do a locate *.MYI)

Also , if you are running ArticleFS as your Storage module (like I do) , make sure to copy the existing data from your article directory as well to the new system.

If you need your Sysconfig Data , just backup through the SysConfig web module.

Just to add , my migration was from linux to linux , but presumably it should work the same.

HTH

Jared Cebada wrote:
What is the best way to move the database, I am new to MySQL?? I see
that there is a backup.pl but I belive I can't execute that without a
native linux kernel?? Would cygwin be of any use??
Support orr consulting for your OTRS system?