Reposting the following question first posted a couple of weeks ago -
didn't get any responses the first time, still hoping someone can help.
:-)

We are having a problem using OTRS version 1.3.2 (with Red Hat
Enterprise 4 / MySQL 4.1 / Apache 2). All elements of the system are
functional except the following:

When we try to respond to a ticket using an answer link on the Zoom
Ticket page under the "Compose Answer (email)" heading, we get the
following Software Error message:

Bad arg length for Socket::pack_sockaddr_in, length is 0,
should be 4 at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-
multi/Socket.pm line 373.

A typical URL for a page that gets this error is:

[ourdomain]/index.pl?Action=AgentCompose&ResponseID=1&TicketID=234&Artic
leID=567

OTRS can send emails from other functions, create tickets, etc. with no
problem, but this page won't even display the response-creation form. We
are unaware of any changes to the system or environment that may have
caused this problem (though we did change our firewall setup not too
long before this error started happening).

We haven't been able to find any information about this error on the Web
or diagnose it by poring over the code and config files. Can anybody
help with this?

Jim Edlin
Business Applications Architect
Tides Network