After a LOT more investigation, it turns out that this stems from some data errors in the MySQL database. After removing those six records, all of the error messages disappeared.

Steve

Steve Hill wrote:
I have asked before, but have not received any responses, so I will try again.

I have a OTRS-supplied cron job that runs at 45 minutes after every even hour, and in the SystemLog, I get sit iterations of (for example):

Wed Jul 12 00:45:02 2006 error OTRS-PendingJobs-10 Need StateID or State! Wed Jul 12 00:45:02 2006 error OTRS-PendingJobs-10 Need StateID or State! Wed Jul 12 00:45:02 2006 error OTRS-PendingJobs-10 Need StateID or State! Wed Jul 12 00:45:02 2006 error OTRS-PendingJobs-10 Need StateID or State! Wed Jul 12 00:45:02 2006 error OTRS-PendingJobs-10 Need StateID or State! Wed Jul 12 00:45:02 2006 error OTRS-PendingJobs-10 Need StateID or State!

I can locate the area where the message comes from, but I don't "speak" perl>4 so I don't understand what the system is complaining about. It might be six records in the database that have gotten corrupted, or something else, which I don't understand.

Can anyone please give me some troubleshooting steps to get rid of these annoying messages??