I have trying both options but still customers don’t get mails. How long will it take to send an email?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 03 October 2006 10:38 AM
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.org
Subject: Réf. : [otrs] notification

Yes, it's possible.

You have to check in the admin module at Ticket::Frontend::NoteTypes

or modify the config.pm file adding the followings :

    $Self->{DefaultNoteTypes} = {
        'note-internal' => 1,
        'note-external' => 1,
        'note-report' => 1,
    };

After that, when you close a ticket the customer will receive a mail or not

Pour : "User questions and discussions about OTRS.org" <otrs@otrs.org>