I suggest that you take out an exchange manual or check exchange specific
mailing lists.  Here are some links to get you started.  I do agree that if
OTRS is the only thing needing POP3 access that you ³secure² it similar to
the way Dave explained in the first reply.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Guides/Ex2k3DepGuide/0
142e228-d939-4a3c-b718-fc1cca389fdd.mspx?mfr=true
http://www.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Groupware/Microsoft_Exchange/Ch
ats_and_Forums/

Good luck,

Andy Lubel