Hello,

I want to configure the exchange server for my organization with OTRS. I
have added to host server for the exchange server in smtp and pop3
settings and also the username and password. When I try to email a
ticket from Admin I get a syslog

SMTP authentication failed! Enable debug for more info!

When I try to telnet my exchange server I am able to it successfully.
Also with the username and password provided, I can check my mails in
outlook.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] otrs]# telnet 64.78.21.163 25

Trying 64.78.21.163...

Connected to 64.78.21.163.

Escape character is '^]'.

220 mis011.exch011.intermedia.net Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version:
6.0.3790.1830 ready at  Fri, 2 Feb 2007 03:57:53 -0800

451 Timeout waiting for client input

Connection closed by foreign host.

Please advice on which configure settings I am missing.

Also, I am unable to log the logs into file, default is set to syslog.

Regards,

Amit Jain