I had mentioned a while back that I had hit a limit in MySQL with the
tablesize on my ticket_history table. I was able to get around it by
adjusting the table parameters. More of a concern is that the table hit
the limit at all. We process about 20-30 tickets a day and have been
using the system for just about a year. Certainly not heavy users.

Is it reasonable to expect the ticket_history table to be this big for
approximately 9400 tickets?

Is there a way to look deeper and determine if there's some attachments
or something like that which could be causing the table to be unusually
large?

Ticket_history data is as follows...

mysql> show table status like 'ticket_history'\G

           Name: ticket_history

         Engine: MyISAM

        Version: 10

     Row_format: Dynamic

           Rows: 57025570

 Avg_row_length: 104

    Data_length: 5969466052

Max_data_length: 1099511627775

   Index_length: 6723551232

      Data_free: 0

 Auto_increment: 57044889

    Create_time: 2007-02-07 08:42:37

    Update_time: 2007-03-01 12:24:52

     Check_time: 2007-02-07 10:14:18

      Collation: latin1_swedish_ci

       Checksum: NULL

 Create_options: max_rows=4294967295 avg_row_length=106

        Comment:

1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Thank you,
Jason Loven
Manager - Technical Services Department

Computer Associates, Inc.
36 Thurber Blvd, Smithfield RI 02917
Phone: (401)232-2600, Fax: (401)232-7778
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://www.cainetserv.com/