John Blumel wrote:

At 04:13 AM 3/8/2007, you wrote:
All tickets can be accessed in a couple of different ways. You can
for instance find tickets through the search function or view all
tickets for a particular client when clicking their CustomerID-link.

OK, so closed tickets will always show up under the tickets for a particular customer, or you could, for example, search for all closed tickets for a specific date range, or by ticket number? That seems pretty reasonable.

Yes, that's correct.

OTRS has a "don't remove anything" philosophy, which makes it easy to
guarantee you don't end up with an inconsistent database. You don't
remove a customer for instance, but you set it to invalid instead so
you can keep the tickets without having a bunch of tickets without an
associated customer.

At our company we did however set up a Junk queue for trashing spam
tickets. We set up a GenericAgent job that removes all tickets from
the Junk queue every five minutes, so when you want to delete a spam
ticket you just move it into the Junk queue.

So, the 'removed' status applies to these "deleted" tickets? Is there some info that is retained on these that can be accessed through the search? Or is the entire ticket kept in the database, just not generally displayed anywhere through the web interface? (Not that I'm sure why I would want to access them. Maybe to blacklist the email addresses.)

No, the tickets are physically removed from the database when deleted from the Junk queue by the GenericAgent job we set up. There is no 'removed' status.

Maybe you just need to try the demo system (http://otrs.org/demo/) or set up a demo system for yourself? :o)

Nils Breunese.