Hi Tom

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 04:22:15PM +0200, Tom wrote:
Is data inserted to OTRS's database compressed?

No.

Which storage module is better to use ArticleStorageFS or
ArticleStorageDB?

That depends on your needs :). If you have to process many attachments
I'd use the FS module. But setting up the DB module is easier because
you don not have to care about filesystem permissions.

But If I would like to use FS module there is problem with encoding.
I write about this problem here:
http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs/2007-April/018279.html
and here I pasted whole description:

There are problems with viewing email's body written in attachments as html and plain text when StorageModule->ArticleStorageFS. When I set StorageModule=ArticleStorageFS then when I send email to OTRS in plain text and HTML like it can be done by Thunderbird Mozilla, then when I open this ticket under OTRS I have email body shown also as attachments (plain text, html). Problem is when for example send to OTRS email is ISO-8859-2 encoded and when I'm opening this attachments in new window then there are no polish characters visible (ZZCLĂ“ASe). There is no such problem when as StorageModule is set ArticleStorageDB. What is the Problem? I have in /etc/enviroment LANG="en_US.UTF-8" and in /etc/locale.gen en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8 in the first row .

System is Debian.