Hi Mike,

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 11:52:39AM -0400, mike conigliaro wrote:
>i just read this in the manual:
>
>"The .xml files are used by the graphical configuration frontend which is
>available with OTRS 2.0 onwards and which lets you configure most of the
>configuration parameters of the system through your web browser. In future
>versions of OTRS the .pm files will be removed and the system will be
>configurable only via the .xml files."
>
>so i started removing all of my custom settings from config.pm and redoing
>them through sysconfig.  unfortunately, it looks like some options are
>missing in sysconfig; specifically the $Self->{'AuthModule'} and
>$Self->{CustomerUser2} stuff i need for customer/agent ldap authentication.
>
>is this a bug?

No, this is wanted and we should include this behaviour in our docu :).

The reason for this behaviour is the complexity or the importance of
some system settings. For example the customer user settings contain
maps, arrays, e.g. The structure of this settings  are just to complex
to be handled via the SysConfig frontend. Also DB connection settings
e.g. are to critical to be changed via the frontend because this could
result in a broken system.

In general all settings which have their default in
Kernel/Config/Defaults.pm can not be changed via the grafical
interface. And ofcourse also the settings stored in Kernel/Cnfig.pm.

>Mike Conigliaro

-- Christian

((otrs)) :: OTRS GmbH :: Norsk-Data-Strasse 1 :: 61352 Bad Homburg
           Fon: +49 (0) 9421 56818 0 :: Fax: +49 (0) 9421 56818 18
           http://www.otrs.com/ :: Communication with success!

Geschäftsführer: André Mindermann, Martin Edenhofer
Handelsregister: HRB 9452 Bad Homburg
Steuernummer:   003/240/97521