Hi Ulrich,

On Do, Apr 12, 2007 at 05:28:15 +0200, Ulrich Hemer wrote:
>I posted a similar question last week with no answer so far.  I hope someone
>can help me.
>

>Trying to get comfortable with OTRS, I used to test version 2.0.4 with
>Windows2003 and Exchange Server 2003 during the last weeks. Receiving and
>sending Emails went fine. I had the old version completely uninstalled recently
>and  version 2.1.6 installed via the Windows installer.
>

>Receiving Emails from our Exchange Server is fine now (after some
>difficulties), but I still can?t send emails or answers from OTRS to the
>Exchange Server via SMTP. I use the standard configuration as described in the
>doc.

If the standard configuration is used, mails will be send out via the
sendmail binary of your operating system. That will not work with
Windows because no sendmail binary is available.

Please switch to the SMTP module and specify your smarthost, a username
and a password for SMTPAUTH. See chapter 7.1.2. "Via SMTP
relay/smarthost" on

    http://doc.otrs.org

for more details please.

If this does not work,

- check if your Exchange can be resolved by DNS on your OTRS host,
- check if your Exchange is reachable on port 25 from your OTRS host
- check the logs of OTRS and apache for more details,
- think about a support contract with ((otrs)) (http://www.otrs.com/) to
  receive help much faster then via this list :).

>Ulrich Hemer

-- Christian

((otrs)) :: OTRS GmbH :: Norsk-Data-Strasse 1 :: 61352 Bad Homburg
           Fon: +49 (0) 9421 56818 0 :: Fax: +49 (0) 9421 56818 18
           http://www.otrs.com/ :: Communication with success!

Geschäftsführer: André Mindermann, Martin Edenhofer
Handelsregister: HRB 9452 Bad Homburg
Steuernummer:   003/240/97521