Hi Christian,

It is at this link : http://doc.otrs.org/1.3/en/html/configfile-responsef.html

Which is actually for version 1.3, but I couldn't find a newer version
so I assumed it was right!

As for the other problem - I am just stupid and selected the wrong
auto responder, so it wasn't sending on new tickets.  oops!

Cheers for your help anyway!  I will try that change on Monday!

Cheers
~Chris

On 4/13/07, Christian Schoepplein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Chris,

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 02:15:35PM +1000, Chris Watt wrote:
>Sorry to be pretty much spamming everyone with questions, but these
>are the last two for a while, I promise!!

:)

>The first problem is with the autoresponders.  This is the script that
>runs to receive e-mail:
>  fetchmail -f /opt/otrs/.fetchmailrc -B 1
>  cat /var/spool/mail/otrs | ./PostMaster.pl
>  rm /var/spool/mail/otrs
>
>The Fetchmail command is limited to one because if I received all the
>blanks, when PostMaster.pl grabs them, only one e-amil makes it into
>OTRS.  This is obviously not a good thing.  For the time being I can
>handle that, but as we get busier, I may need to look into a way to
>repair this problem.

Why configuring fetchmail to pipe the fetched messages directly into the
PostMaster.pl module? See the --mda option in the fetchmail manpage.

>Once PostMaster.pl has added them to OTRS, I would expect that the
>auto-reply set to the queue for that e-mail address to be sent.  It
>doesn't seem to be sending at all.  Is this because OTRS is not
>receiving from a POP3 account?  Can this be changed or am I going to
>be unable to do this?

If a autoresponder is activated for the queue where the new message is
send to there should be no problem. Messages piped into the
PostMaster.pl module trigger a autoresponder.

Do you get any error messages? What tell the OTRS or the apache logs?
Does the history of a new ticket list an item that a autoresponder was
send out? Do you see anything in your mailserver logs?

>The second question is that when I try and add teh following lines to
>Kernel/Config.pl, it stops loading the reply page (I get a 500 error).
>If I remove the lines, it works fine again.  The reason I want to
>change it is I want to use the MS style replace, rather than the Unix
>style reply.
>
>   # ms_style
>   $Self->{ResponseFormat} = '$Data{"Salutation"}
>
>$Data{"StdResponse"}
>
>$Data{"Signature"}
>
>$Data{"OrigFrom"} $Text{"wrote"}:
>$Data{"Body"}
>
>';

The following is working:

    $Self->{'Ticket::Frontend::ResponseFormat'} = '$Data{"Salutation"}

$Data{"StdResponse"}

$Data{"Signature"}

$Data{"OrigFrom"} $Text{"wrote"}:
$Data{"Body"}

';

>I have put the code in exactly as it appears in the docs but it always
>gives me the same problem.

Where in the docs have you seen this? We should fix this for newer OTRS
versions :).

>~Chris

-- Christian

((otrs)) :: OTRS GmbH :: Norsk-Data-Strasse 1 :: 61352 Bad Homburg
           Fon: +49 (0) 9421 56818 0 :: Fax: +49 (0) 9421 56818 18
           http://www.otrs.com/ :: Communication with success!

Geschäftsführer: André Mindermann, Martin Edenhofer
Handelsregister: HRB 9452 Bad Homburg
Steuernummer:   003/240/97521