From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 8:31 AM
To: otrs@otrs.org
Subject: Re: [otrs] Allow only known clients

Hola Carlos,

I've already posted an similar question with no answer:
http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs/2007-May/018877.html

I agree with Jesus that I would be nice to make OTRS filter the incoming
mail looking the "from" email address into the customer (and why not also
agent) databases, but I think it's not possible.

A workaround that I'm planning doing is the following:

Right now I'm getting the incoming mails with fetchamil and filter them
with procmail.
So my idea is to add a rule in the file .procmailrc in order to do a check
in the OTRS database in the tables customer_user wether the email comes
from an user or not, adding the tag X-OTRS-Ignore=yes if there is no match
in the database.

Does anybody know a way to do it with OTRS built-in features?

Saludos,

     Rafael.

Carlos G. Oyarzabal escribió:
Hi Jesús,
I think you must filter mail before it reach OTRS. That using any antispam
software.
Then, mails that can cross that filter, can be trap by the filter
"PostMaster Filer" on OTRS (admin module).

I use:

Match
Header1:  Subject    Value1: Mail server report
Set
Header1: X-OTRS-Queue   Value1: Junk

After that, when a spam mail came, I move it to the junk queue.

You can built some rules to be excuted by the Generic Agent and run the
rules/filters by crontab.

Best regards
Carlos
México