Hello,

Rui Lopes wrote:
> I'm installing OTRS for the first time (using 2.2.0rc1), and so far its
> been a nice experience!
>
> I have a question, though... How can I receive notifications (an email)
> when a ticket (either by email, or custumer.pl) is created or when a
> customer sends a follow up?
>
> I though this was a matter of setting the following user preferences to
> "Yes":
>
>   New ticket notification
>   Follow up notification
>
> But it didn't do the trick, what I'm missing?
>
> I see no errors on the log, so I'm a bit loss here.

OK, I've selected the queues I wanted to receive notifications for, but
its not working.

I traced this to something that does not seem to be right.  Here is the
approximate call stack:

Kernel/System/Ticket/Article.pm:ArticleCreate()
Kernel/System/Ticket/Article.pm:SendAgentNotification()
Kernel/System/Ticket.pm:GetSubscribedUserIDsByQueueID()
Kernel/System/Ticket.pm:Kernel::System::CustomerGroup::GroupMemberList()

where this SQL is executed:

SELECT g.id, g.name, gu.permission_key, gu.permission_value,  gu.user_id
 FROM  groups g, group_customer_user gu WHERE  g.valid_id IN ( 1 )  AND
 g.id = gu.group_id  AND  gu.permission_value = 1  AND
gu.permission_key IN ('ro', 'rw')  AND  gu.user_id = '2'

That last bit seems wrong, because the group_customer_user.user_id is a
string and not a number... so it allays returns an empty set;  this
seems to be a bug, though, I can't seem to nail it down :-(

Can you guys help me out?

I really need this working, because without email notifications, I
cannot use OTRS :-(

TIA!

Best regards,
Rui Lopes