From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Mark D. Anderson
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2007 4:27 PM
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.org; 'Userquestions and
discussions about OTRS.org'
Subject: RE: [otrs] anonymous (public) access to tickiets?

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 05:49:13 -0400, "Greg Horne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> Mark,
>
> Thought about this for a few minutes and thought about a few ways it
> could
> be done.  Automatically having the user login as a predefined user, but
> it
> has to may draw-backs, one they would see every tck created by another
> anonymous user and every junk ticket created by people playing around.
> ("You
> product is trash!") They would be able to upload files of who knows what.
> They could give incorrect information about contact information, .....
>
> So after finding so many reasons not to go down that path, my second
> thought
> would be to create a standard web page with a form that would then send
> an
> anonymous email for them from/to a generic account.  Not even part of
> OTRS,
> but could use the Apache and Sendmail that is already in place.  This
> approach would still have the same problems of getting bad contact info,
> but
> it would not have the problem of someone posting trash to the public.
>
> General question, what is the real goal(s) of allowing the end user to
> post
> using the web interface without a login account?

Just avoiding a hurdle to usage.
The situation is that "public" is still inside a corporate intranet,
and the users are trustworthy.

What does OTRS do with emails sent to the POP account it reads?
Does it lookup accounts by email address, and then associate any
others with some catch-all user account?

-mda