Has anyone noticed that subjects on FollowUps in the v2.2.2 are somewhat mangled?

For example, the subject on many of our followups appear as,

[Ticket#2007082510000051] [Ticket#20070825 [...]

Is this by design?

Essentially it looks like it inserts the Ticket# and then the default twenty characters of the original subject which happen to be the ticket number as well. I've started digging through the source to see whether I can change it, as I've just started evaluating it, but I was wondering if someone else ran across this as well and adjusted it to be more pleasant such as "[Ticket#....] Subject". Oddly enough, when the ticket owner gets notified of the followup the subject is properly parsed without the extra ticket number.

Ed