Laurent Minost wrote:

DB backend were never the problem in all my cases and always though that Perl is the culpit. PHP/MySQL seems to me solutions easily faster than Perl one for Web applications...

I really doubt that the language is the problem. Perl is a very mature and fast language (especially for text processing). It's possible to write slow code in any language. Someone on this list recently noticed that OTRS uses pass by value rather than pass by reference. This involves copying a lot of memory around and is slower in any language. I haven't checked whether it is true, but if it is then I guess a lot of performance could be gained from changing that for instance. I doubt a complete rewrite in PHP is going to be the answer.

Nils Breunese.