I'm having a similar problem.  Here's what is appearing in the eventlog when
the apache crash happens --

Faulting application httpd.exe, version 2.2.4.0, time stamp 0x45a476e3,
faulting module libapr-1.dll, version 1.2.8.0, time stamp 0x45a474a3,
exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0000acf3, process id 0xd2c,
application start time 0x01c7f56247b49c8c.

In looking at the event logs i see that this crash appears every few weeks.
I guess it depends on amount of usage.  Perhaps there is an updated release
of apache that fixes the problem?

I'm running OTRS 2.2.2.