I use aspell and have done the following in config.pm

$Self->{'PreferencesGroups'}->{'SpellDict'} =  {

          'Prio' => '5000',

          'Label' => 'Spelling Dictionary',

          'PrefKey' => 'UserSpellDict',

          'Module' => 'Kernel::Output::HTML::PreferencesGeneric',

          'Desc' => 'Select your default spelling dictionary.',

          'Activ' => '1',

          'Data' => {

                      'nederlands' => 'Nederlands',

                      'deutsch' => 'Deutsch',

                      'english' => 'English'

                    },

          'Colum' => 'Other Options'

        };

# default langauge

# (the default frontend langauge) [default: en]

$Self->{'DefaultLanguage'} = 'nl';

# used langauges

# (short name = long name and file)

    $Self->{'DefaultUsedLanguages'} = {

#            bb => 'Bavarian',

            en => 'English',

            de => 'Deutsch',

            nl => 'Nederlands',

            fr => 'Français',

#            bg => 'Bulgarian',

#            fi => 'Suomi',

#            es => 'Español',

#            pt_BR => 'Português Brasileiro',

#            pt => 'Português',

#            it => 'Italiano',

#            ru => 'Russian',

#            cz => 'Czech',

#            pl => 'Polski',

#            nb_NO => 'Norsk bokmål',

#            nb_SW => 'Svenska',

#            hu => 'Hungarian',

#            ro => 'Romanian',

#            hr => 'Croatian',

#            sk => 'Slovak',

#            sl => 'Slovenian',

#            da => 'Dansk',

#            jp => 'jp',

};

#Install ispell or aspell on your system, if you want to use a
spellchecker.

#Please specify the path to the aspell or ispell binary on your
operating

#system.

#$Self->{'SpellCheckerBin'} = '/usr/bin/ispell';

$Self->{'SpellCheckerBin'} = '/usr/bin/aspell';

#Default spell checker dictionary.

#$Self->{'SpellCheckerDictDefault'} = 'english';

$Self->{'SpellCheckerDictDefault'} = 'nederlands';

Regards,

Telecom Direct Almere B.V.

Peter van Beugen