On my Porsche Mailing list use normally put the nomex suit on before
answering questions like this one.  Everything is a question of choice
and which one you feel confortable to manage. I've tried PSQL and MySQL
and manage wise I've took MySQL, also because of all the doc on the net.
Data integrity is an issue for  me but with 2 backups a day takes care
of that for me... Speed wise, I have plenty commming from my server, and
it hosts not only OTRS but also Oreon, RTG and syslogng_sql. My syslog
app fill up my DB pretty quick and I have to a little clean un once and
while.

Anyway, if you're junior on db management.. MySQL is the one...

Adriano Amaral
NetAdmin