Have you checked Apache is running?  It sometimes stops for me, so you might
just check that in the services of the localhost?

  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
hamood Iqbal
Sent: 10 October 2007 09:32
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.org
Subject: Re: [otrs] how to access from another pc?

http://172.30.72.147/otrs/index.pl

is the url on the machine i have installed otrs

and from the current machine i want to access it

it does not open any thing

On 10/10/07, Marius Flage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

hamood Iqbal skrev:
> i am new to OTRS.
>
> please guide me how to access OTRS form another pc not from localhost.

Just enter the ip address of the remote computer into your browser. E.g.
if the machine running otrs is 192.168.1.45, enter that ip into your
browser. Of course you also need to apply the path to the
otrs-installation. Usually that's "otrs", so the full url will look
something like this:

http://192.168.1.45/otrs/

But this really depends on your installation. Just compare the url
entered with localhost and apply some logic.

Good luck!

- Marius