From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Craig Meirick
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 12:02 PM
To: otrs@otrs.org
Subject: [otrs] New to OTRS

Hi, I am a Helpdesk/PC Support tech at a small community college and am
testing OTRS to see if it would work for a better solution to our
helpdesk.

I have installed it on our web server and have it running. I have been
testing it to see what user/group/queue configuration would work best
for us. We have a staff of 9 in our Information Services department that
will be using this, of which 4 of us will be using the most often from
the helpdesk. We operate with one person on helpdesk at a time and
switch people every three hours for 12 hours of the day. The person on
the helpdesk at the time is responsible for every ticket they create to
see that they are closed.

My question- Is there anybody out there with a similar setup that has
been able to use OTRS effectively that could send me advice or any
helpful tips that have been proven helpful according to
user/group/queues?