Simon Adams wrote:

I'm modifying OTRS fairly heavily for a large implementation. Part of this is creating tickets from our own customised interface, which we've done. The main issue is with the fields TN and ID. Does anyone know why tickets in OTRS have 2 identifiers? Is there a way to tell OTRS to only use one, or to always make them equal?

This looks like a question for the dev list [0], this is just the users mailinglist. I think it might be because the ticket number generator in OTRS is configurable (you can change the way OTRS generates ticket numbers) and they probably decoupled ticket numbers from internal database id's. Just guessing though.

Nils Breunese.