At some point during our life of OTRS, we seem to have gained an Item
into our navbar with no description etc. It appears between the 'Logout'
and 'Preferences' items, and is just a broken image with an ALT tag full
of junk code.

Looking at the page source, there is an unterminated string constant in
the html, resulting in a lot of perl markup being dumped into the ALT
tag.

I've traced this into the .dtl and I can see the Item block code which
is responsible, but I've trawled through our config files and I cannot
find a navbar entry that has null descriptions/names.

Has anyone else seen this, or can provide any insight on how to debug
the system to find out an entry in the config which is feeding this
item?

many thanks