thanks for your reply.

I did read that and did follow it right from the beginning! Let me try to
explain the installation so far in more details.

Its a debian with 2 users. 'user_a:group_a' and 'otrs:otrs'. Apache is
installed and runs from '/home/user_a' directory. I did start apache as
root. 'otrs' belongs to 'group_a' as well so both users ('user_a' and
'otrs') can read and write to each others directories!

I started apache as root. Now, I did run:

SetPermissions /opt/otrs otrs user_a otrs group_a

I think that the above is correct? What am I doing wrong!

Thanks