Yeah, this is possible.
Moreover, if you properly configure the auto-reply and notifications functions, it' sufficient to write emails to otrs only, then the customers and/or the agents will be notified by mail by the system itself. Only, the agents still need to login to the system to close the tickets, change the state of the tickets, and do other administrative operations

Gabriele

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christophe Pouillet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <otrs@otrs.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 5:08 PM
Subject: [otrs] Reply-to field for Agent notification

Hi there,

We try to setup a working OTRS system for our support team. These guys
are mainly supporting our customers through email, spending most of their
time at customers sites with no web access.

We would like to use OTRS to manage tickets but we are stuck with an
usage problem.

We would like our agents to be able to directly answer the customer
request after a new ticket creation.
For that we thought about having the reply-to agent notification field
setup with the customer email.
Doing so, an agent could directly answer to the customer (with a 'cc' to
otrs system).

Does anyone ever tried or solved this ?
TIA for your help,

Best regards and happy new year.