Jeff MacDonald wrote:

I'm installing on my FreeBSD 6.2 machine [ yup, I'm root ]. It has cPanel installed and thus uses suExec. [That's something I'd like to keep since I have a pile of users running CGI's]

I think that because /usr/local/otrs is outside of my document root of /usr/home/suite210/public_html , it won't execute.

The only error message I'm getting in my apache error logs are " Premature end of script headers "

I've checked my UID/GID settings to make sure they jive and they do, everything is being run as the user suite210 with the group suite210. I even tried writing a super simple cgi that just prints a headers and "hello" and it barfed the same way.

Of course I don't want to move local/orts inside of the document root as it's web accessable, so I"m looking for workarounds.

Suggestions?

I'm not familiar with cPanel, but we're running OTRS from /opt/otrs - installed using the RPM and outside the document root - under the Plesk control panel on CentOS, which also uses suExec. I copied the apache config into the vhost's config file and commented out MaxRequestsPerChild, because I got an error that that option doesn't work inside a vhost and I believe it just worked. Maybe the bin/ SetPermissions.sh script can fix this for you?

Nils Breunese.