I think is would be possible. You would need to change some OTRS code
though. You could have per site an index.pl which loads OTRS from a
shared location. You would have to create a way to tell OTRS where to
find the config for this specific install. Same thing must be done for
customer.pl and faq.pl etc and for every script you may want to run
(pop3 fetching, pending jobs, etc). If you can code perl, I think it
will be possible to achieve this. Wouldn't know if my theory works in
practice, so no guarantees! ;)

Regards,
RIchard