Lars Jørgensen wrote:

Our Agents are getting swamped in notifications.

When a supervisor assigns a ticket to an agent, they get an Agent::OwnerUpdate. Since the supervisor is required to enter a note on the ticket when assigning ownership of the tickey, the agent also gets an Agent::AddNote notification. Which contains exactly the same info as the Agent::OwnerUpdate since the note is also included there.

I can control some notifications in the Agent preferences, but not all. Is there some way to suppres til Agent::AddNote notification? Ideally I would like both to work but if agents have to receive two near-identical emails when they're assigned a ticket, I will have to do without one of them and that would be the Agent::AddNote.

I'd disable the other one, as there could be other types of notes added to a ticket and the owner would not receive a notification. Of course, that could be the way you want it to be.