Damian Williams wrote:

Sorry to lower the tone and ask a really simple question but I have looked for the answer and can’t find it.

I want a ticket system that will allow me to allocate new tickets to different staff members based on a timetable (so Monday morning it goes to Staff1, afternoon to Staff2, every night to Staff3 etc). Staff members need to be notified of new tickets and I’d still want further escalation if a query isn’t answered within a set time.

Will OTRS do this? I have looked at loads of commercial options and open source and not found anything that can do it. Would be nice to have a reasonably easy to use interface for changing the ‘timetable’.

You might be able to set up GenericAgent jobs that do this:
http://doc.otrs.org/2.2/en/html/x1149.html