Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von [EMAIL
PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 28. Februar 2008 11:11
An: User questions and discussions about OTRS.org
Betreff: [otrs] Newbie Q: moving to another system, backup and closed tickets

Hi all,

I installed OTRS on my OpenSUSE 10.3 system a week ago.

It seems quite good and easy to use. I started entering some tickets from our
parallel "Paper-Snail" system.

Q 1: How can I now just transport the system from my local OpenSUSE 10.3 to a
Server with SLES 10? I will reinstall OTRS, but I want to use the currently
used data from my test-system again. It wil save a lot of work.

Q 2: In a backup of the data, which files need to be backed up for a complete
system rebuild? (which I presume will be the same files as that in the first
question)

Q 3. I have tried reading the archives. There (2002) it seems that the tickets
can not be read after they are closed. Is it possible now? We want to enter
solutions to the problems as notes to tickets; a sort of knowledge base. It
would be helpful if tickets can be searched (whether they are open or closed)
for any information entered.

TIA

    :-)
Al