Hello,

I am a new user of OTRS and I have been getting familiar with the system
over the past couple of weeks.  I continue to be amazed at how powerful
this tool is compared to my previous use of Request Tracker.  I upgraded
today from ITSM 1.0.6 to 1.1.1 and was very pleased to see the
additional stats reports included. I also noticed a new feature, the
import/export package.

I am trying to use the import/export package that is part of ITSM 1.1.1.
I have not seen any documentation on the website, nor in /opt/otrs/doc.
In Admin-Misc-Import/Export I am able to configure mapping templates for
Config Item with Format CSV. In step 1 I give the template a name and
set it to valid, in step 2, I choose class "Computer" and leave the max
number of one element set at 10. In step 3 I set the colun separator to
semicolon and charset to UTF-8.  In step 4 I set a key to be Name, which
is column 0.  In step 5 I leave default setttings.

At this point I can successfully click on "start export" and export the
names of my configuration items to a csv file.  I can save that file on
my desktop with the default name of export.csv.  If I edit that file and
change the names to be different computer names, then I would expect
that when I click on "start import" that I should then be able to import
those names into OTRS as new CIs of type computer.  However, when I do
this, I see some disk activity, but I get no messages of any type,
completion or error, and when I look at the Config Items, they are
unchanged and nothing has been added.

Has anyone had success importing CIs with this tool, and if so, can you
give me some idea about what I might be doing wrong.

best regards,

Jack Moore