Hello!  We are running 2.2.5 on Win Server 2003.  Problem:  When we get
certain kinds of spam, the POP3 functionality of the database gags on the
spam, and email stops flowing from our email server to OTRS.  It appears
that this problem is solved in 2.2.7 after having read the release notes.

I also looked at a couple of listings about others doing minor upgrades.

I tried to go from 2.2.5 to 2.2.7 and ended up with a five hour recovery
effort of my entire server, having blown the db away.

Can someone give me the exact steps, on a Win platform, to upgrade from
2.2.5 to 2.2.7?

NOTES:

When I tried before, I had to turn off not only OTRS but also MySQL and
Apache.  I did that, and my database was over-written. No backup (argh.)

I could back up the db with MySQL, run 2.2.7, and then replace the data, but
isn't there an easier/safer way???

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy Garland