John (yt) Hogenmiller wrote:
Hello,

On an installation of OTRS I am doing, we are entering customers that
do not have email addresses (phone help desk primarily).

First off, it would be nice if OTRS had something built in to handle
customers without an email address.

My approach is to setup an account called blackhole
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) that routes email to /dev/null.    This requires
me to enter an email address of [EMAIL PROTECTED], which is rejected
as invalid.

I tried adding [EMAIL PROTECTED] to Defaults.pm to
$Self->{CheckEmailValidAddress} without any luck.
 $Self->{CheckEmailValidAddress} =
'^([EMAIL PROTECTED]|[EMAIL PROTECTED]|[EMAIL PROTECTED])$';

I also tried turning of the check syntax:
  $Self->{CheckEmailAddresses} = 0;

No luck there either.

So finally, I edited CheckItem.pl and added a "return 1;" to the top
of the CheckEmail subroutine, allowing me to bypass checking until I
find a better solution.

While I know there are solutions I can do at the system and dns level,
I'd like to handle this within the scope of OTRS itself.  We don't
want emails to leave the server that OTRS resides on if the customer
doesn't have an email address.

I think there is  config item to disable checking the email address.